Instagram is great, but sometimes we all need to keep away from social media web sites for different reasons. When you want to not to use Instagram, there are options that you can do: deleting the account permanently or temporarily deactivating your Instagram account. If you just need a short break, then you can deactivate your Instagram account. Deactivating account means that you can use the account whenever you want to use again. So, here is how to deactivate an Instagram account:
Steps to Deactivate an Instagram Account
- Firstly, enter the Instagram home page and log in. You need to enter Instagram from a mobile browser or your computer. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable your account for a while on the app.
- Go to your profile page and click on “Edit Profile.” On that page, you will see “Temporarily disable my account.”
- Next step, choose why you disable your account for a while from the drop-down menu.
- Write your Instagram account again for confirmation.
- Click on “Temporarily disable my account. “
- Your account on Instagram is disabled. Your content and followers can’t be seen before you reactive your account.
How to Reactivate an Instagram Account?
If you want to use your Instagram account again, you can go back to Instagram whenever you want. It is really easy to use your Instagram account again.
- Go to the homepage of Instagram from a mobile or desktop browser. Open the login page.
- Enter your user name and password and click on log in.
- Your account automatically starts to be used again.
- The only thing to use your Instagram account again, enter your user name and password as you enter to Instagram normally.
Unfortunately, you can’t disable your Instagram account from the app. You need to use a mobile or desktop browser to disable your account.
You can delete your Instagram account permanently. Like deactivating your account, go to your profile page and click on “delete Instagram account” and continue the next step. You can’t access your account after you delete it.
When you disable your account, all your posts and followers are in invisible mode. People can’t access your account.
If you want a break from your social media accounts, you can disable them temporarily. For Instagram, go to the Instagram home page from mobile or desktop browser and disable Instagram account easily. You can reactivate your account whenever you want to use Instagram again.
If you want to learn more about Instagram, please check out our other articles about it as well.